- About the ESTC
- ESTC Committee
- Attendee Profile
- The International Ecotourism Society
- 2015 Conference
- 2014 Conference
- 2013 Conference
- 2012 Conference
- 2011 Conference
- 2010 Conference
- 2008 Conference
- 2007 Conference
- 2005 Conference
- Greening the Conference
- Contact Us
- Travel Info
Press Accreditation is available to editors, writers, journalists and reporters from various fields of the media. Based on the requested credentials and documents, the ESTC reserves the right to approve or deny accreditation. Please note that if you are denied credentials in advance of the event, the conference organizers will not approve your request on-site. Please review the detailed description of press registration qualifications below.
Accredited press receives a complimentary full registration. This includes all sessions, meals and social functions that are part of the conference program. This DOES NOT include international/local transportation, accommodation, and any other travel and personal expenses.
Conditions for Accreditation
Editorial Media Representatives
No more than two press passes per each qualifying publication or organization may be issued. Press credentials are non-transferable. Additional members of your editorial team and media who are not granted complimentary press registration are encouraged to register for the ESTC through the paid registration process.
Non-Editorial Media Representatives
Non-editorial employees of media organizations (e.g. marketing representatives, advertising managers, authors, publishers, production companies not on assignment) do not qualify for complimentary press registration.
Personal website writers or editors do not qualify for complimentary press registration. Only online reporters with credible and professional news websites that meet the following criteria qualify for complimentary registration.
To qualify for the ESTC press registration, online reporters must meet the following criteria:
- Websites must be previously established and updated regularly with original and current news related to ecotourism and sustainable tourism.
- Website must publish original, dated, industry-related news multiple times per week.
- Website content must extend beyond newsletters, links, forums, personal diaries, opinion or personal analysis.
- Online reporters must provide at least one example of recent (published within the last six months) industry-related article with your name and title appearing in an editorial capacity. The page must clearly show the name of the publication/company as well as you name and title.
Bloggers will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Only one complimentary press pass per each qualifying blog can be granted. To qualify as media, bloggers must meet the following criteria:
- Blog must post original, dated, industry-related articles at least four times a week.
- Blog must be managed and edited by professional blogger(s).
- Blog must not be self-promoting and/or a third-party content aggregator.
Freelance Writers and Photographers
Freelance writers and photographers must submit a letter from the news organization they are representing on that company's letterhead and signed by the editor. Eligibility is subject to approval by TIES.