- About the ESTC
- ESTC Committee
- Attendee Profile
- The International Ecotourism Society
- 2015 Conference
- 2014 Conference
- 2013 Conference
- 2012 Conference
- 2011 Conference
- 2010 Conference
- 2008 Conference
- 2007 Conference
- 2005 Conference
- Greening the Conference
- Contact Us
- Travel Info
Destination Workshop: Making Sustainable Tourism Marketable
About the Workshop
This hands-on destination workshop focuses on sustainable tourism product development, marketing and PR strategies for destinations. The workshop is designed for representatives of DMOs, CVBs, National Tourism Boards and professionals working with destinations. Through expert presentations and interactive discussions, gain an insight into successful approaches to branding, product development, PR and marketing campaigns to tell your destination's stories.
- Learn from practical case studies of TIES members and partners, which will help develop targeted action plans to improve your ability to attract attention and drive business.
- Learn about the Global Sustainable Tourism Council (GSTC)'s destination criteria, and understand how the GSTC destination program can help enhance your sustainable tourism product development and marketing efforts.
- Gain an insight into effective story-telling strategies to engage your audience.
- Experience networking and training opportunities through TIES' online platforms before and after the workshop.
Date & Time
Sunday, September 16th, 9:00 – 16:00 (lunch included)
Expert Presenters & Facilitators
The Tartan Group
Additional Workshop Details
How To Sign Up: This workshop is open to the ESTC12 attendees only. To sign up for this workshop, please add the "Pre-Conference Workshop" option as an add-on to your full-conference registration (See online registration form here).
*Already registered for the conference? Please sign up for the workshop on this form: ESTC12 Additional Registration Options
Workshop Size: Maximum 40 participants
Workshop Fee: US$110