- About the ESTC
- ESTC Committee
- Attendee Profile
- The International Ecotourism Society
- Host Destination and Venue
- ESTC Talks Videos
- Greening the Conference
- 2012 Conference
- 2011 Conference
- 2010 Conference
- 2008 Conference
- 2007 Conference
- 2005 Conference
- Contact Us
- Conference Overview
- Attending Organizations
- Networking and Social Functions
- Become a Volunteer
- Trade Fair
- Sponsors & Partners
About the ESTC
The Ecotourism and Sustainable Tourism Conference (ESTC), organized by The International Ecotourism Society (TIES), is a unique annual conference focused on the advancement of sustainability goals for the tourism industry. Offering invaluable learning and networking opportunities, the ESTC is a leading international meeting place where innovative minds gather to discuss ideas and solutions that inspire change. Promoting policies and practices benefiting businesses and communities, the ESTC helps to reinforce the role of tourism in building a more sustainable future.
›› Innovative Sessions on Sustainability as a Market Driver
›› Network with Key Industry Players in Travel & Tourism
›› Latest Sustainability Tools, Solutions & Best Practice Ideas
›› Industry-Focused Round Tables, Workshops & Exhibits
›› Social Events Highlighting Local & Global Opportunities
›› Inspiring Keynote Speakers, Eye-Opening Stories
THE ESTC13 CONFERENCE
In 2013, the ESTC will be held in Nairobi, Kenya, from September 24-27, and will bring together 500 professionals from around the world. With a strong focus on highlighting and promoting ecotourism's role in sustainable development, the ESTC13 aims to strengthen the industry’s commitment to the recent UN resolution, "Promotion of Ecotourism for Poverty Eradication and Environment Protection", which recognizes ecotourism’s positive impact on sustainable community development efforts. The conference program will feature ideas, opportunities and solutions for the tourism industry to support conserving natural areas, alleviating poverty, empowering women, enhancing education, and improving the health and well-being of local communities.
Join Us In Kenya For:
- B2B and Professional Networking: The ESTC is the meeting place for industry trend-setters and decision-makers, designed to help you build and harness relationships.
- The Best and the Brightest of Ecotourism: The ESTC's technical program features the industry's foremost "brain trust" of innovation and sustainability in tourism.
- Your Chance to Be Part of the Solution: Through global partnerships and local networks, the ESTC helps harness the momentum for positive change in the tourism industry.
ESTC13 Key Themes:
- Conservation & Communities
- Plans, Policies, and Partnerships for Destinations
- Tools, Solutions, and Strategies for Businesses
- Tourism and the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs)